Tuesday 12 March 2013

A song for the day

I love to have music playing when I am in the house and often in the car. I can listen to most music, though of course I have preferences. That often depends on my mood and on the way I feel. Over the years different songs have had meaning for me, as I think is the case for many people. One of my first favourite songs was by Leo Sayer (not sure if he is known outside of the uk), he was not cool but i loved the track 'when I need you'. It was special because it was something I played a lot when I missed my boyfriend when I first went off to be a nurse and lived in the nurses home.

The song that currently, and for some years has been my special song is this one by Keane. It is called Somewhere only we know. I have listened to it while out walking, when on holiday and in the house. I find it helps transport me to a pale I want to be. Right now that would be in the woods last summer with Sir.


2 comments: